Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day 6 RV

As agreed, Pam, Gay, Bill and Sandy departed at 7 a m leaving me behind. I stretched out on the picnic table until the only store in town opened at 8. Rode the short distance for coffee. Soon after I returned to camp, Rick asked if I'd be ready in 20 minutes. He and Maile were going to give me a lift as far as I needed. All I knew was I had a reservation in Colville, the only room left. A smoking room. Ugh. You see Pam had the tent so I had no choice.
My ride was an Alohabagan. Rick had it especially made for his castle on wheels. I have a picture of it and the grand couple on Facebook.
Heading up the first pass we spot the crew on the side of the road taking a break. I was pretty excited. So excited I broke the inner door latch. I was now trapped... Maile (pronounced Miley) came to the rescue. I felt terrible. They played it down. Anyway, I got out and kissed and hugged Pam. Said hi and goodbye.
As the 3 of us continued, I moved out of my back seat and sat up on the floor behind & between the two of them. She drove. He navigated. Rick was diagnosed with Parkinson's 3 years ago and no longer drives. Their travels together have been great for them. Doing something together they both enjoy. They are headed to NC for a reunion then to Richmond for another family visit. Other than that they are enjoying the back roads route. Lucky me!
I was thinking that when we got to the last pass before the Columbia River, I would get out and coast to Kettle Falls. At the top of Sherman Pass it was pouring rain. Rats. It's not that I mind the rain but unknown downhill in the rain solo didn't seem to be the best idea. Damn prudent decisions. Stay in the Alohabagan and enjoy the most excellent company and conversation. Ok maybe I can ride the flat roads from KF to Colville. At FK, oops, KF it was still raining. Still rats. Just drop me in Colville. We finally found the inn and a restaurant. I at least talked them into letting me buy lunch. They wouldn't take my money for the damage I caused or for fuel expenses. I think they were just glad to learn that I wasn't a serial killer! Rick politely asked that question earlier in the drive. He said his daughter wanted to know.😎
I checked into my somewhat smelly room. $55. I got what I paid for. It was pretty clean and comfortable just smelly. The rest of my day was boring. Nap. Eat. Blog. Shower. Sleep.

The crew covered 56 miles to Republic. It was cold and wet so they stayed in a motel, too.

Thanks for reading. I hope my adventures improve for the better so my topics will improve. Don't take that wrong Rick & Maile. YOU TWO ARE THE BEST. Thank you very much.
I hope to continue to feel better, too.
Cheers.
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment