Saturday, June 27, 2015

day 18 Zero day

I stirred about 6, looked outside and was surprised the forecast was off. No rain. Yet. Get up. Pack. Get out. Drop by Bob Henderson's place to use his wifi to check the weather. Ooh. Rain supposed to start any minute now. Bingo! It started. We had a shed to stash our bikes out front of Bob's and a porch for refuge. Nice.
Just in time, too. It started pouring. 5 hours later it's still coming down. Sometimes harder than others. Forecast calling for 50 mm of accumulation. That's a lot of mms! It was not going to be a day for bike touring for this hombre. At first, Fred was chomping at the bit, but slowly he came sound when he saw how bad and prolonged this storm would be. Not fun or safe.
I'm going to walk to lunch and the grocery store now.
Cheers. KPW
0 miles
Forecast: 2 beers (Late note: got that number right. It was at a restaurant next to where I'm staying with a guy playing acoustical guitar. He was ok. When I went to pay the bill, they dropped a bomb on me and said it was cash only. Not that big a deal except I don't have much Canadian currency left. Pissed me off. )

No comments:

Post a Comment