Friday, June 19, 2015

Thursday Day 9

We ended the day after 45 miles with plenty of climbing but nothing that rates on the grueling gauge.
That in itself is remarkable after reading about my lack of climbing prowess. I have to face it. When this journey began, I hit the scales at 200. That's a lot to haul up anything much less with another 85 pounds of bike, water and gear. I just have to keep telling myself that if it doesn't kill me it'll make me stronger.
We ended up in Old Forge, a pretty nice town. Good for laundry and a Post Office. Mailed back some shoes that I've given a free ride across 3.5 states.
One cheap thrill though. Walking to a convenience store, 2 fawns were eating the grass out front. I walked between them close enough to pat them. Needless to say I didn't. They kept a watchful eye on me and came to me when I left. They wanted to share my goodies. I apologized and waived them off.

Thunderstorms threatened the afternoon and delivered at night. All's well.
We are 507 miles along the Northern Tier Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment