Friday, July 8, 2016

Day 19 Making Hay Yesterday Was Good

Having a hearing impairment is truly a mixed blessing. When I take out my ear buds, the world is largely lost to me. This morning, Sandy and Bill asked if I talked in my sleep. I said not that I've been told of. Well then it seems the motorcycle camper that pulled in around midnight did. B & S said it started around 2 and went on. And on. It was loud. Like "Ow! Stop that!" And so on. It appears that the man was engaged in (this is a family friendly blog) some S&M type actually, I suppose. I have to take Bill and Sandy's word for it. Ah the adventures never end.
Late last night I got to do laundry before the motorcyclist showed up. I started laundry after dinner at Pizza Hut. Pizza and a salad.
We went to breakfast early at the Inn next door. $6 for a hot breakfast buffet! Got my fill for sure. Then we headed east. 
I was hopeful that today would be a carbon copy of yesterday. Well, someone forgot to turn on the fan. The road had a few longish climbs. @3/4 mile or so with considerable effort required to get over the top. 
Joy. 
The wind was either barely blowing or it was coming out of the east/southeast. A headwind. But the good news is it wasn't a stiff breeze. But that combined with a predominantly slight upgrade made for a deceivingly strenuous day. So here's how our day played out.

Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle.Peddle. 
PeddlePeddle.PeddlePeddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. 

Rest. Find a place to relieve myself.  Make a bike adjustment.Get back on the bike.

Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle.
Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle.

Rest. Eat. Drink. Look around at prairie. Get back on bike.

Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle.Peddle. 
Peddle. Peddle. Peddle.Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle. Peddle.

Reach destination. Looks like fun huh? 😎
Camping is in a municipal park with no amenities. (Water, bathroom, much less shower). No appeal. One motel looked like it rented by the hour. Kinda scary looking. The one we're in looked clean and acceptable on the outside. We took it. The prospects for camps reasonable distances down the road were of the municipal variety. No lodging either. So, beautiful, scenic Chester it is. Actually the rooms inside are pretty decent. Big bed. Sofa and big screen TV! 
Oh yeah. It's kind of weird/unusual. We have 4 bars of reception and wifi but can't make a phone call. 

Short day 43 miles 
Avg 13.3 mph 
Max 26.2 (Yesterday I was doing 30 on the flat ground with the tailwind breathing through just my my nose!)

Tomorrow's intended destination- Havre, MT
Thanks for following!
Cheers,
KPW 

No comments:

Post a Comment