Monday, July 4, 2016

Rest Day 2 Real Rest

Actually slept in today. Crawled out of the tent around 7:45. Whoa! When I stood up I learned that I had calf muscles. What the... You'd think that after 700 miles of bicycle touring my calf muscles would be in shape. For hiking in the snow up a mountain? Not! My calves are very sore. Yeah I'll get over it but not after I have a chance to whine a bit.
The big anticipation of the day was that John and Bess would be arriving to join us at camp for our last day here in Whitefish. They rolled in at noon. We all greeted each other as long-lost brothers and sisters! We shared adventures that happened since we last saw each other then went to explore Whitefish. Afterwards we came back to clean up and went to dinner at the grocery store deli!
It's July 4th. Firecrackers are filling the air right now. Never spent the 4th in a state where it was legal. Won't go to big show nearby. Too dark and busy to be rolling about on bikes.
Happy Independence Day all!
God Bless America, land that I love.
Kim
Tomorrow-West Glacier

No comments:

Post a Comment